Come and celebrate CCI’s 15th birthday on 15, 16 and 17 September 2017
Friday 15 September
6.30pm – Opening
We launch festivities with the opening of two exhibitions: Many Worlds, an insight into the strength and variety of contemporary Irish painting; The Living book: Making a Book One’s Own in the Renaissance, an exhibition which presents a selection of volumes taken from our Old Library.
9pm – Open-air screening
Make yourself comfortable in a deckchair under the stars and enjoy the wonderful Franco-Irish animated film Song of the Sea – a story that will enchant all ages.
Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 September
From 2 to 5pm – Open house
- Guided tours of the Old Library (tours departing every half hour until 4.30pm)
- Book restoration demonstration
- Visit exhibitions, Saint Patrick’s chapel and the Médiathèque
- Irish culture and language taster (Saturday at 2pm)
- Curator’s talk about the exhibition The Living book (Saturday at 3pm)
- Irish fairytales and legends for children (Sunday at 3pm and 4pm, in French)
Saturday 16 September
7pm – Open-air concert
The courtyard will come alive with a concert by up-and-coming singer-songwriter Áine Cahill, who draws her inspiration from contemporary tunes and classic 1950s jazz, followed by hits by pop-rocker Paddy Casey who has shared the stage with the likes of U2, Bob Dylan, Tracy Chapman and The Pretenders!.
Breton foodtruck Karr Lichou (galettes & crêpes): Friday from 6.30pm to 8.30pm, Saturday and Sunday from 1.30pm