All eligible applicants should be of Irish nationality or resident in Ireland
- Established professional artists of any discipline who are undertaking a specific piece of work.
- Artists who are performing or exhibiting work in Paris or in France.
- Artists/Arts Producers who are researching/establishing connections with French cultural institutions and/or artists.
- Artists who have been invited by the Director to take up a residency in the Centre Culturel Irlandais.
- Irish students who have enrolled in a recognised third-level educational institution, in Paris or its regions.
- Students who are registered in full-time courses in a third-level educational institution in Ireland and who are staying in Paris to further their studies.
- Student trainees with an offer of work experience in Paris or its region. Clear evidence that this work is related to their academic pursuits.
- Secondary school teachers of French.
- Professionals engaged in academic research.
Terms & Conditions
- All applications must contain a completed application form, a non-refundable administration fee of €45 and supporting documentation (including names of two referees).
- In the case of artists who wish to apply, a completed application form must specify artistic achievements to date: e.g. publications, articles, slides, reviews or any other material that might assist the sub-committee.
- Minimum age for residents is 18 years.
- Maximum stay is one calendar year.
- Minimum stay is 9 weeks.
- Room rates vary according to size and duration of stay.
- Deposit of 1 month's rent in advance, refundable within 6 weeks of departure.
- You are advised to apply at least 3 months in advance and by 31 May for the following academic year.
- Priority will be given to applicants for medium- to long-term stays (i.e. 3 - 12 months).
- The Centre Culturel Irlandais is closed between Christmas and the New Year.