FAQs for people applying for accommodation in CCI
- What measures have you in place to safeguard against the spread of COVID-19 in CCI?
- What is a reduced service?
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, there is no communal breakfast service, as would usually be the case.
- What are the shared facilities in CCI?
All bedrooms are en-suite so residents are requested not to use the public WCs. All communal areas are regularly cleaned. Where kitchens are shared, residents are asked to be extra vigilant about hygiene. Cleaning products are provided and only two residents can be in a kitchen at any given time. During this period, residents are encouraged to eat in CCI's communal rooms or their own rooms.
- Will I have to go into quarantine when I arrive?
For current information, please check the French government’s website. At present, those travelling to France from an EU country will NOT have to quarantine on arrival. If you present COVID-19 symptoms at any stage, you will need to self-isolate.
- Have there been any cases on COVID-19 at CCI?
Fortunately, there have been no cases of COVID-19 in CCI.
- What happens if I develop symptoms of COVID-19 during my stay in CCI?
Self-isolate in your room. Inform the reception staff and direction of CCI by email (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). Contact your GP or a local doctor by phone. All contact details of local doctors are in the handbook in your room. If you are an EU citizen, you have the same entitlements to healthcare as a French citizen.
- I am a student applying for long-term accommodation in CCI. Is there anything I should know?
As the situation evolves, so too will our guidelines for residents. These will be sent to incoming residents by email prior to their arrival.
- What specific French recommendations are in place that I should be aware of?
Information is available at: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus as well as on these websites, Ministère de la Santé and Ministère des Affaires Etrangères, or by ringing +33 (0)800 130 000 (in French, open every day from 9am to 7pm)
- What happens if there is a further wave of the pandemic and I have to leave early?
If you are obliged to leave because of the pandemic, we request that you inform CCI staff even if you are leaving quickly. You must fully vacate your room. Your rent will then be returned for the remaining period of the month and your deposit will be returned without any penalty once your room has been checked.
This information will be updated as the situation evolves.