Lots to do and see at the CCI:
- Guided tours of the Old Library presenting the treasures of the collection : three illuminated manuscripts that date from the Middle Ages : 2pm - 5pm (tours departing every half hour until 4.30pm).
- Doors open for all to visit Saint Patrick’s chapel which underwent complete restoration of its richly decorated interior in 2002.
- Books, magazines, CDs, films and many more resources on Ireland’s heritage and contemporary culture available for all to consult in the Médiathèque
- The Souvenir Shop by Rita Duffy open in the courtyard with 1916 memorabilia on sale
- Declan Clarke’s filmwork The Hopeless End of a Great Dream screened all afternoon (admission free)
- Open studio by artist-in-residence Pierce Healy. Demonstration of his jewellery-making techniques on Saturday and Sunday at 3pm